Currently Hiring: Certified Personal Trainer
If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude, and a Desire to Thrive in the Health & Fitness Industry, I Have A Fun and Fulfilling Job for You!
Dear Prospective Team Member,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to learn more about this position. It’s my hope you have precisely what I need in a Personal Trainer, so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in this fun and rewarding career.
My name is Pandora Williams, I am the General Manager and Head Trainer of GoGirl Fitness Studio here in Wilmington, NC. We provide fun and supportive small group personal training and nutrition coaching programs for women. At our core is a genuine desire to empower and educate women to optimize their health through a positive approach to eating, exercising and enjoying life! Our studio is located at 914 S. Kerr Ave. Right next to Julia’s Florist.
About this position: Your Mission is to provide a world-class training experience that delivers measurable results to clients, cultivates a strong sense of family, and creates raving fans of GoGirl Fitness Studio.
Your main responsibilities will be to program and lead our small group personal training sessions, conduct assessments, and meet with your client list to track progress and keep them on track for meeting their goals.
You will be working closely with myself and my team of three. We are a small business and we depend on collaborative work.
If you are hired for this position, you’ll need to be available at least 10 hours a week and be able to lead a combination of mornings and evening sessions. Our group sessions time run from between 6am-11am and 4pm-8pm Monday-Friday and 8am-12pm on Saturday. Starting pay is $15 an hour and there is a 5% sales bonus for all client sales that you generate.
What I need you to be able to do:
- Produce two (2) videos/articles per month for our website
- Produce one (1) social media testimonial per month
- Maintain an average client retention rate of 85% or higher
- Generate a minimum of 1 new client per month.
The personality, skill sets and strengths I need you to have:
- A true people person – Naturally outgoing and energetic. Enjoys building and maintaining relationships.
- Honesty & Integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Learns quickly – Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Communication Skills – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- High Standards – Expects personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Team Work Ethics – Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Calm under Pressure – Maintains stable performance under heavy pressure or stress.
- Good Work Ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard and the ability to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Flexibility & Adaptability – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
These are the skills you must already have to qualify for this position:
- Personal Training / Fitness Training Certification (preferable ACE or NASM, CI-CPT, ISSA, AFAA) – You must be able to design great programming for multiple fitness levels. Please do not waste either of our time applying for this position if you do not hold a current certification.
- Progressive and Regressive Program Design – You must be able to adapt your programing as needed for your client population. I need you to not only be able to intensify exercises to make them harder for clients, but knowledgeable and capable in how to modify them for clients with lower fitness levels and mobility issues.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Management software – You must be willing to learn our database and utilize it to manage clients.
- Good phone personality/etiquette – You will be talking with my customers, who are VERY important to me, and prospective customers, who are also important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through email. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. I can teach you sales tactics, but I cannot teach you manners and professionalism.
- Email Skills & Knowledge – A great deal of your work will be via email. You need to be very comfortable and proficient with email, be able to write emails that clearly articulate your message and that are free from English short cuts, text message lingo and indolent use of acronyms.
- Thoughtfulness and organization – I need you to be able to think for yourself and be organized. I am very serious about this one. I do not want a robot, I want someone who learns and grows with us.
- Professional Social Media Presence – Nothing crazy, just some posts. But your posts, and the social media accounts you interact with our clients with need to feature you as the fitness professional you are.
- Experience with lifestyle, nutrition, wellness and weight loss coaching
- Experience working with clients in the 50+ age group
- Experience working with clients affected by Obesity
- NASM Corrective Exercise Certification
- NASM Women’s Fitness Specialist
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
How to apply
If this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions now.
Here’s what I want from you – NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
- Write a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- Provide your resume detailing your background and your professional and personal accomplishments.
- In a separate document please provide a detailed sample of your program design for an hour long, total body workout group personal training session. Assume that you have 8 clients attending, none of which have any known medical or mobility issues that you need to take into consideration and all the equipment you could want at your disposal.
- Submit these documents through the Indeed system or email them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Personal Trainer Application.
I will review your resume and if I feel you’re a good prospect, I’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in acting quickly so get your resume over to me pronto! I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Thank you very much for your interest.